After watching each Disney princess meet her prince charming and having re-watching Noah and Allie’s kiss-in-the-rain scene to the point where the DVD now skips a bit, it’s not hard to understand why Valentine’s Day tends to get some people down. But, let’s try and be positive and I promise I won’t even think about listening to my aptly named playlist “:(“ if you’ll promise to listen to this one with me instead.
This is for all you single and ready to mingle, f**k Valentine’s (but not in a bitter way!) people – and we’ve got 20 songs to lead you up to this year’s “holiday” with a combination of throwbacks and new singles.
- Alphabeat – DJ
- Avril Lavigne – What The Hell
- Azealia Banks – 1991
- MGK – La La La (The Floating Song)
- Britney Spears – (I’ve Just Begun) Having My Fun
- Childish Gambino – Heartbeat
- Dragonette – I Get Around
- Blacksmif – Shut Up (Black Eyed Peas Remix)
- Future (ft. Drake) – Fo’ Real
- Hoodie Allen – No Interruption
- Icona Pop – I Love It
- Justin Timberlake – Suit & Tie
- Ke$ha – Die Young
- Million Stylez – Miss Fatty
- Lil Wayne – No Worries
- M.I.A. – Bad Girls
- Andrew Williams (of GM) – Conversations
- Rihanna – Cheers (Drink To That)
- The Chalets – Theme From Chalets
- The Sounds – Tony the Beat
What else will you be partying to this year? Have suggestions of your own? List them in the comments below.