So the world hasn’t ended yet..
or are we T – 10 minutes ‘and counting’ till doomsday? The clock is ticking.
There has been a lot of talk about the Mayan Calendar and the end of the world lately. There was even a show on National Geographic, where “Doomsday Preppers” trained and stocked up on ammunition for the end of the world; they even taught their children combat skills and shooting techniques. Shout out to them for taking their insane cause very seriously.
However, if we have learned anything from Y2K, it is that, the world is not ending anytime soon (Remember the hysteria during the new millennium). OR IS IT?
As we usher in a New Year, we are suspicious that the writers of “The Walking Dead” might be on to something. So we are going to stay alert, sharpen our spears and dart our eyeballs back and forth.
Inspired by the potential apocalypse, we asked our Staff and Contributors:
What Are Your Survival Strategies For The Zombie Apocalypse?
Read On, shit is about to get post apocalyptic up in here. If you agree/disagree with our strategies, share yours in the comment box below. May the most comatose survive.
Make a flaming martini to throw in a Zombie’s face and simultaneously for my enjoyment. You didn’t think I was going to sit through a Zombie apocalypse sober.
Channel my Karate skills from 6th grade. Kicking and screaming in mid air, should scare zombies.
Bola Olusanya. President.
I would brush up on my Judo but since I don’t want to actually touch the zombies, I’ll just use the Joker’s tactics and stock up on gasoline and dynamite.
Noelle Bailey. Music Contributor.
Jabbo Marshall. Literature Contributor.
Adora Evans. Style Contributor.
It’s been all downhill from here, from talking UGGS to fake glasses without the lens. As we quickly approach the wake of the zombie apocalypse, I bite my nails while my teeth chitter in gruesome anticipation of partying my butt off to show the living dead who’s really alive.
Miles Aitkenhead. Contributor.
Kierra Bryant. Style Contributor.
Georgia Jackson. Contributor.
- Not teaming up with people who might become pregnant a la Lori.
- Dusting off Grandma’s old Derringer and loading it with whatever I can find: frozen peas, frozen corn, frozen beans. Really, any frozen veggie will do.
Watching Zombieland, I Am Legend, and Shaun of the Dead for inspiration.
Shamzy Thompson. Contributor.
- Be prepared to sacrifice morals and spiritual beliefs because I must be willing to steal and/or kill for survival and safety. Sorry Buddha!
- Embody Alice from Resident Evil.
- Wherever I am, find my girlfriend.
- Steal whatever items I would need to ensure survival and safety.
- Fill up all cars (mine, friends, and family) with gas.
- Learn to steal a car (just in case we run out of gas).
- If there is a safe haven, I will find it and get all my loved ones to it no matter what it takes.