Don’t you hate when people shove food into your face that you can’t eat? So do we!! That’s why we’re doing you a favor and sharing this quick Flan recipe with you. No it’s not only for Cinco de Mayo, this Latin dessert is a sensual experience you don’t want to miss out on at any time of the year. There are no extravagant ingredients or any special tools, just straight to the point (just how we know you like it). Flan is a traditional Latin dessert that can be made in less than two hours, its also verrrry alcohol friendly so a couple drops of Rum won’t hurt anybody. But no bluff, It definitely tastes as good as it looks in the picture.
Ingredients (makes four servings)
- 1/2 cup and 3/8 cup of white sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 cups of milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Over medium heat, melt the 1/2 cup of sugar until golden in a saucepan. Carefully pour hot sugar evenly into four oven-proof ramekins or custard cups or any bake-ware you have, tilting cups to coat bottoms evenly.
- Use a separate saucepan to bring the milk to boil over medium heat. Stir hot milk, a little at a time, into the beaten eggs and egg yolks, until it reaches a smooth consistency. Stir in the sugar. Pour the milk mixture evenly into ramekins or custard cups.
- Line a roasting pan with a damp kitchen towel. Place ramekins on towel, inside roasting pan, and place roasting pan on oven rack. Fill roasting pan with boiling water to reach halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes. Let it cool(maybe put it in the refrigerator to speed up the process we know you’ll probably be hungry), invert and serve.